The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
Product Analytics helps our customers understand how their own apps are being used so they can make the best decisions using data. GitLab has a unique opportunity to integrate this with the rest of our DevOps platform where work is already happening. This is a new capability for GitLab that is in development. You will be responsible for bringing this capability to market with its first release, generating awareness, defining a vision and roadmap, defining success metrics, and achieving them.
You will work closely with a stable group of counterparts from engineering, product management, design, and support as well as regularly engage with other groups such as sales, marketing, and support to ensure they understand the product and can successfully sell and position it to our customers.
You should have experience in and be excited about doing a zero to one product launch. You will need to identify what needs to happen, make a plan, and ensure it is completed to make the product successful, even if a task isnt your sole responsibility. You should have a vision for how Product Analytics fits into GitLabs overall platform strategy and how to position it to our customers.
What you’ll do
- Drive the product direction
- You will define a product roadmap and public direction pages for where the product will go in the next 12-24 months.
- You will make decisions that consider the overall ROI to GitLab as a business.
- You will become an expert on GitLab as a platform. GitLab is a broad product and youll understand how what you work on fits with everything else in the platform.
- Bring the product to market
- You will create the plan and work cross-functionally with stakeholders in the business to ensure everything is done for bringing Product Analytics to market.
- You will define pricing and packaging for Product Analytics.
- You will build awareness with customers and the market of the product. This could include supporting sales calls with customers, presenting at conferences/webinars, engaging with analysts, writing blogs and marketing content.
- Manage the product life cycle
- You will work closely with your counterparts to define monthly product releases.
- You will prioritize what the group works on in terms of features and which ones come next.
- Become an expert on your target users and their problems
- You will regularly engage with users and talk to them to understand what their goals are, where they struggle, and what problems they care most about
- You will create compelling demos of your product in action and contextualize the problems you are solving.
- You will teach others internally how to position the product, describe the value it provides to target users, and work with initial customers as they get onboarded.
What you’ll bring
- You have built and shipped a product from 0 to 1 in the past.
- You have experience with building and delivering B2B SaaS products that delight users
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, including executive-level communication.
- You have demonstrated experience in using or building an analytics product
- You have a demonstrated ability of defining metrics, measuring them, and using that data to answer business questions with technologies such as SQL
- Bonus points: experience using GitLab
- Bonus point: experience with building tools for developers
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLabs policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLabs EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.