Do well by doing good.
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies. Millions of consumers use our content and tools to research and evaluate solar, batteries, community solar and other energy products and services. Our brand is trusted by consumers and thought leaders. Check out our coverage in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and more.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with teams in Serbia, we are currently 120+ employees and growing rapidly.
Our team operates on a hybrid work schedule with 3 days of onsite collaboration. Learn more about our company and our team: www.energysage.com/about-us/company
As the Senior Product Manager of Identity & Recommendations, you will play a pivotal role in achieving and shaping the EnergySage product vision – becoming the premier destination for consumers seeking to electrify their homes and fully adopt renewable energy. Reporting to the VP of Product Management, you will lead a team to deliver revenue outcomes through customer activation and lifetime value growth, by building the products and features that guide and enable our customers along this complex and personal journey. With a cross-functional team of designers and engineers, you will help us become an unparalleled destination for shopping an expanding selection of home electrification solutions. Youll be tasked with defining the roadmap and leading your team to execute that roadmap as a well-oiled machine.
What youll do:
- Define the roadmap for your agile team and the vision for key products within your product area in alignment with the EnergySage product vision and Shopper strategic roadmap.
- Engage in continuous product discoverytalk to customers, dig into the data, hold stakeholder workshopsdeveloping a deep understanding of your customers, your problem space and the relevant business and industry landscape.
- Deliver projects that have clear and compelling revenue/customer activation & CLV impact operating with speed to impact in mind and knowing how to prioritize and pivot to maximize that impact.
- Define the products and features for your roadmap, in collaboration with your cross-functional partners, writing clear and concise product specs/epics to generate stakeholder alignment, support smooth engineering handoff and ensure high quality output.
- Leverage data through our various self-service tools to identify opportunities, make informed product and prioritization decisions and measure and evaluate the success of your roadmap.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels of the company, collaborating and building alignment around your plans.
- Lead your agile team, a cross-functional product development team that includes engineers, designers and marketers, to execute the roadmap by running agile ceremonies, writing epics and product specifications, engaging in product and design reviews and assuring the quality of the products and features you release.
- Influence and contribute to the Shopper strategic roadmap and EnergySage product vision.
- Drive the adoption of renewable energy through home electrification and fight climate change.
What we look for:
- 5+ years of work experience in B2C product management roles, working with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, etc and building scalable products.
- Bias for action and impact. You operate with a sense of urgency and move quickly toward outcomes, pivoting as necessary and proactively iterating to improve.
- Thrives in ambiguity and can simplify complex scenarios and problems into clear plans.
- Strong customer empathy & familiarity with user research.
- Uses a combination of metrics, research and intuition to evaluate opportunities, establish roadmaps, define clear product requirements and enable the build of solutions.
- Fluency with defining and leveraging data to drive decisions and measure progress.
- Skill in the development of evidence-backed cases for your work in a way that is impossible to refute or ignore.
- Strong communication and organization skills. You set expectations, are clear and transparent and know how to keep the right people informed of your progress.
- Ability to make decisions that affect the team, work with ambiguity and be flexible/nimble
- Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant work experience
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job – but we believe there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications above, wed still love to hear from you. Tell us about the unique qualities you might bring in your cover letter.
We are EnergySage
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of trusted advisors with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.