Were a high-tech home security company thats passionate about protecting the life youve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And weve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career youre building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We dont just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
Were embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, to work together in person, and teams can choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, were growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do
Cameras are the fastest growing category in Smart Home. Cameras utilizing computer vision are transforming home security and SimpliSafe is at the forefront. As Senior Product Manager for Cameras Experience, you will help SimpliSafe stay ahead and continue to lead this transformation in our mobile app.
To succeed, youll need initiative, resilience, and a customer-first mindset. The ideal candidate for this role would have a strong track record of shipping and iterating on software products that are full stack (firmware-cloud-app), with an emphasis on mobile app development. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, arent afraid to make decisions and have a passion for technology. In addition to developing the roadmap and setting high level strategy for our camera experience, you are also able to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. Youll make your decisions by diving deep into the data whenever possible, but be comfortable in the face of ambiguity to take calculated leaps of faith. You are also able to effectively communicate with leaders at all levels.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Own customer facing KPIs/metrics that impact the experience customers have with our cameras
- Own the strategy and roadmap that defines SimpliSafes digital camera experience
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and our camera hardware
- Assess competitors and technology trends
- Research and write detailed requirements that effectively capture the vision and business case for new features and improvements
- Prioritization lead the engineering and design teams in making decisions that balance cost, timeline, and customer benefit
- Work with the customer service and marketing teams to release new features and OTAs.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (engineering or science)
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA) preferred
- 3+ years of experience in roles related to Product Management
- Experience working with full stack software (firmware, cloud & apps)
- Passion for consumer products, especially electronics, apps, and smart home
- KPI/Data-driven mindset with a bias for action
- Strong writing ability, presentation and verbal communication skills.
What Values Youll Share
- Customer Obsessed – Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High – Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego – Maintaining a no job too small attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team – Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb – Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble – Work
We wholeheartedly embrace and actively seek applications from all individuals, no matter how they identify. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we believe our work is enriched when we incorporate a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We want everyone who works here to thrive and contribute to not only our mission of keeping every home secure, but also to making our workplace safe and supportive for others. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.