At Motorola Solutions, we’re guided by a shared purpose – helping people be their best in the moments that matter – and we’re living up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We’re solving for safer – safer communities, safer schools, safer hospitals, safer businesses – safer everywhere. We’re building integrated technologies that help protect people, property and places. We’re connecting public safety agencies and enterprises – enabling the collaboration that’s critical for a more proactive approach to safety and security. We’re committed to solving for safer every day because the work we do here matters.
The Community & Intelligence Organization is responsible for SaaS solutions supporting the safety mission of public and private entities. We help our customers engage with responders, households, schools, businesses, employees, students and other stakeholders to deliver critical communications, coordinate response, and exchange life-saving information. We help these agencies present a “customer-focused” experience to the communities they protect.
The solutions we create apply exciting technologies such as geospatial visualization and analytics, high throughput communications, artificial intelligence, and numerous integrations with Motorola and partner systems to name a few. Our platform is not only the face of our organization’s product offerings. It is also incorporated into other Motorola technologies such as land mobile radio, video, computer aided dispatch, and 9-1-1 call taking. Working within Community & Intelligence you will be exposed to nearly the full suite of solutions offered by Motorola, the most trusted name in public safety technology.
To fulfill this mission, the Community & Intelligence Product Management team orchestrates the full product lifecycle, from product definition, roadmap planning, defining required software development outcomes, product launch, and continuing innovation.
Motorola’s Community & Intelligence organization is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and innovative Product Owner to focus on emergency readiness and response. As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for defining, prioritizing, and guiding the development of features and enhancements for Motorola’s Public Safety Situational Awareness platform. You will work in partnership with product managers to define user stories and acceptance criteria, engage with engineering teams, and work cross-functionally within Rave and Motorola Solutions to solve our customers’ needs and drive business success. You will represent Product Management within our Agile development process, working closely with stakeholders to maintain a clear product backlog, and provide valuable direction. Working within our tight-knit product team, you will learn and grow continuously as you advocate for our products and customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Track business needs, write user stories, and create written and visual product requirements to address the highest priority customer needs.
- Understand the scope of needed research spikes and collaborate with Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of critical technological initiatives.
- Contribute to a collaborative cross-functional software delivery culture by negotiating and communicating changes in priority, scope, and timeline.
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate with User Experience and UI Design teams.
- Partner with the product manager in release planning, reviewing vision, and presenting requirements to assigned engineering team(s).
- Work fluently in product management tools (e.g., Atlassian Suite, Aha!, Azure DevOps) to develop requirements and drive software delivery.
- Hold yourself and your partners accountable for excellence while working collaboratively as equals.
- Be a champion for innovation while ensuring customers experience the performance and usability demanded by their public safety mission.
- Contribute to product documentation and training materials as a subject matter expert.
- Foster collaboration and communication among team members, stakeholders, and customers.
- Ensure the product is delivered on time and within scope. Monitor progress and guide scrum teams through the inevitable change in priority, scope, and approach.
- Maintain a focus on delivering value to the customer by iterating and improving the product through Agile methodologies.
- Agree on accepted story completion, including validating that the story meets acceptance criteria and that it complies with the Definition of Done (DoD).
- Collaborate with the team and any other stakeholders in the team demo.
Who You Are:
- An individual with a passion for excellence and a track record of high productivity.
- Able to thrive in ambiguity and make qualitative judgments based on available information.
- Willing to make and admit mistakes and course-correct accordingly.
- Able to influence others to deliver results without having direct control over all participants.
- Deeply curious and driven by a desire for continuous growth and learning.
- A collaborative and approachable individual who prioritizes the success of our customers, corporate goals, and their team’s impact above their own interests.
- Exceptionally organized with effective written and verbal communications skills; able to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders at operational and executive levels.
- Have developed practical knowledge of Agile principles and practices. Will bring unique perspectives and skills developed on-the-job while achieving delivery success in your current and prior roles.
Above and Beyond:
- Background in software development for public safety, enterprise security, or similar environments.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or similar Agile certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field.
Note: Candidate must reside on the East Coast.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice’s “Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy” and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
5+ years of experience in an Agile development environment.
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
Incentive Bonus Plans
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
401K with Company Match
9 Paid Holidays
Generous Paid Time Off Packages
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Paid Parental & Family Leave
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.