We are looking for a Product Manager to join our mission-driven team. As an integral part of the Product & Engineering department, you will join forces with the Group Product Manager (to whom you will also report) in our continued effort to inspire people to eat more plants!
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about solving problems and continuously improving products. This position will play an important role in identifying business problems and bringing solutions back to our Operations and Finance business stakeholders. As a Product Manager, your main objective will be to acquire an understanding of the business environment in order to facilitate the implementation of strategic and proactive methods for product development.
We greatly thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Purple Carrot HQ is in Needham, MA and prefers local candidates to work in a hybrid model.
On the Plate
- Be the subject matter expert on integrations and the library of 3rd party products, including how the integrations work, what it is capable and how it can be further leveraged or expanded to support future growth
- Inventory and understand the critical 3rd party integrations and manage their lifecycle from first implementation to ongoing enhancement/maintenance to retirement
- Assist in owning the product development process from inception through launch and iteration cycles. Manage product backlog. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision.
- Collaborate across teams. Play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and business stakeholders across the company including operations. A collaborative approach is essential to the job.
- Work with the product team to define the business requirements and translate them into technical requirements across backend, front-end and data services
- Develop deep business understanding to enable strategic, proactive approach to product opportunities – Ensure product opportunities are valuable to customers, viable for the business, easy to use, and technically feasible
- Extract data for analysis, seek out answers to business problems, help engineer software solutions, and look for opportunities to automate processes.
- Write clear and concise user stories and requirements, prioritizing development items to align with the product roadmap
- Monitor product performance and proactively identify opportunities for product improvements
- Pursue product and industry knowledge, identify trends and opportunities, and become a subject matter expert on designated products
Main Ingredients for the Role
- 1-2 years experience as an Associate Product Manager or Product Manager
- Business Analyst experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Extra Special Sauce
- Evaluating and overseeing the implementation/integration of third party software vendors
- Experience working in eCommerce or other industry with a software and physical product component, ideally start up scaling experience
- Passionate about identifying and developing foundational tools for strategic business functions to enable growth and scale
- Proven ability to drive and own outcomes – results-oriented
- Experience working with a remote (no-colocated) development team
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, FSA, and life insurance), matching retirement plan, unlimited paid time off, Purple Carrot box allowance, professional development, and the opportunity to work in collaboration with teammates who are passionate about food!
Purple Carrots top priority is protecting the health and wellbeing of our team and candidates. The majority of our interviews and assessments occur virtually. If there is a need to interview onsite, we follow COVID-19 guidance from the CDC, WHO, and any state guidelines.
We are committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap, veteran status, or marital status.
About Purple Carrot
Purple Carrot started with just a seed of an idea in 2014. Our vision is a world where plant-based eating is at the core of living well. Every day, on this mission, were breaking boundaries with plant-based eating. We value learning from customers, an ownership mindset, integrity, winning together, and being bold. We need your expertise on our team to make things happen!
Purple Carrots irresistible, globally-inspired meal-kit recipes and prepared meals using fresh ingredients. We are a team of collaborative individuals who drive for results, strive for doing better, make good choices quickly, and embrace a growth mindset to win or learn.