ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater’s corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We’re backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
ezCater is extraordinarily valued by our customers (Seriously check out https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.ezcater.com). Why do they love us so? A huge reason is that we deliver real, unbelievably useful customer support. In fact, customer service is an integral product offering at ezCater. Think Zappos quality levels of service, but our support team can actually make things happen in real time! Somebody dropped a tray of lasagna? We are on it, saving the day, and once we’ve done that you’ll never use anybody else.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to lead the definition of and development of the ezCater Customer Service Solution, the key platform that ties together customers, caterers, and drivers to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. ezCater is leveraging its market knowledge and massive data warehouse to proactively solve potential pain points, handle last-minute customer requests, and deal with uncertainty in a unique and differentiated way. You’ll work closely with engineering, UX, Marketing, Caterer Operations, and many other teams to develop and execute on the strategy for this critical area for the business.
Sound exciting? Let’s talk!
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze all available data on existing catering operations, examine customer and caterer pain points, and develop a roadmap that solves the business and the users.
- Lead product initiatives across a cross-functional team including Design, Research, Engineering, Data Analysis, Operations, and other Product Managers in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Manage application development from conception through design, build, release, and iteration.
- Create and monitor the ongoing metrics that measure and define success.
- Assist in prioritizing enhancements and bug fixes, while identifying thematic issues that can be solved with technology improvements.
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people.
When You Start:
By day 30 you will:
- Most importantly, dive deep into the needs of the variety of users you’ll be solving for and start to develop a strong sense of empathy for them.
- Partner with your development team to understand the ins and outs of the product.
- Be providing immediate and early value, organizing existing work, asking good questions, and figuring out what you need to learn to become more effective.
- Have found and internalized the key metrics for your domain and mastered key analytics and experimentation tools.
- Have internalized the company direction, and early decisions around target customer / market focus.
By day 60 you will:
- Have a solid working relationship established with the design and development team members as well as your product peers.
- Propose product direction and course corrections based on what you’ve learned.
By day 90 you will:
- Be a driving force within the company, leading across the business to drive your compelling vision and meaningful returns.
- Be able to give the company pitch to a prospective customer as well as any member of the sales team and back it up with detailed customer, product, and industry knowledge.
What You Have:
- 7+ years of product management experience, ideally with several years in e-commerce optimization
- Deep analytic ability, comfort working with and manipulating data, building hypotheses
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; you are happy spending much of the day away from your desk connecting with team members in different functional areas
- A proven track-record when it comes to stakeholder management; you feel confident partnering with demanding internal groups and effectively managing expectations
- A flexible mindset that is open to change and new information. You are first to understand when team behaviors and work methods need to adapt to new information
- Goal orientation and demonstrated record of success in previous endeavors. You are motivated to deliver exceptional results, driven by a strong work ethic
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone
The national cash compensation range for this role is $175,000 – $231,000* per year.
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What You Will Get from Us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you will get all this: Market salary, stock options that you will help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when youre in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.