OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
The Vice President of Product Management will lead the product strategy and direction across OM1s portfolio of data products, processing and enrichment tools, and SaaS applications that derive strategic insights for clients and contribute to improved patient outcomes across our core therapeutic areas of expertise. The VP will work closely with stakeholders across engineering, clinical informatics, client services, marketing, sales and research to set roadmap priorities, design new products and product updates, provide business input and direction to product development, and communicate data product updates to internal and external customers. In addition, you will manage a team of Product Management professionals responsible for developing and managing a product roadmap, managing engineering scrum teams, and supporting the delivery of exceptional products.
What You’ll Do at OM1
- Partner with the cross-functional leaders to ensure that OM1s product strategy and capital allocation is optimized to meet the companys needs, efficiently driving innovation and ensuring product/market fit
- Continuously collect and understand market needs from clients, internal users, and through market research, and synthesize findings to create and execute new product development, priorities, packaging and pricing
- Drive the product management and development methodology and process from concept through delivery
- Develop and maintain a multi-year product roadmap for all products ensuring that timelines for delivery, specifications and functionality of product offerings align with business goals
- Run quarterly product review board meetings to communicate product portfolio roadmaps with internal stakeholders
- Participate as a member of the senior leadership team and contribute to monthly metrics reporting and quarterly business reviews
- Collaborate with marketing to develop product launch and sales training materials that articulate product value and differentiation to the target market
- Oversee product managers and ensure scrum processes and ceremonies for engineering are followed (define and prioritize the backlog, create stories, coordinate and oversee sprint planning and execution, ensure process improvements through retrospectives, and track velocity/burndown)
- Develop cross-functional relationships across the organization working closely with product engineering, clinical informatics, marketing, sales, and research to ensure that internal teams have access to product information needed to succeed in their roles
- Develop, mentor and motivate a high performing Product Management team, championing a culture of bold innovation and continuous improvement
What Experience You’ll Bring
- 12+ years relevant industry experience with at least 8 years in people leadership experience within product management including responsibility for developing and delivering against organizational objectives and measurements
- Experience managing a portfolio of data and digital solutions that support life sciences and healthcare organizations
- Demonstrated ability to balance longer-term strategic thinking against more tactical execution of shorter-term deliverables
- Ability to translate needs and requirements from internal and external stakeholders into a defined set of product initiatives
- Experience negotiating priorities, trade offs, and timelines for product initiatives
- Understanding of HIPAA and patient de-identification requirements
- Excellent written and oral communications skills as well as comfort using those skills to drive change and alignment
- Ability to break down complex product requirements into actionable user stories
- General knowledge of epidemiology, health economics, statistics, data science, medical informatics, or database or software development
- Ownership mentality with strong initiative to achieve results
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others
- Excellent project management, prioritization and decision making skills
- Multiple years of experience in a related life science industry, with a strong exposure to real-world data and the generation of real-world evidence and insights
What’s Nice to Have
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience working with big data, healthcare data and/or analytics solutions preferred
If youre excited about this role but your past experience doesnt align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.