Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots. The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace – the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history. Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
You will be the business leader for DocSend. You will own a key piece of the company’s long-term strategy and roadmap to grow the Standalone DocSend business. You will manage a team of product managers, including managers of product managers, and execute on strategies in a fast-paced environment. The role requires a mix of analytical horsepower, relentless execution, and well-honed user judgment. You will be responsible for delivering best in class experiences to acquire new users and convert them into loyal paying subscribers, driving both best in class user experiences and DocSend business goals. You will learn to think holistically about a portfolio of products and the business deeply to set the right long-term direction for your team of PMs and cross-functional partners.
- Drive a critical company-level growth product vision, strategy, and roadmap that delivers step function change in how businesses, creators, and consumers discover, try, and buy Dropbox products with high quality, self-serve product experiences.
- Lead and guide product direction for a cross-functional team of engineering, design, analytics, marketers, and platform partners.
- Engage and cultivate relationships with product and platform partners to influence shared cross-team directions and manage risks or trade-offs. Communicate clearly and crisply with leadership stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple teams and organizations through formal operational processes and in scrappy ways.
- Become an authority on the DocSend business. You’ll lead your team to identify customer needs and business opportunities through a combination of user research, collecting feedback from cross-functional teammates, diving into data, and competitive analysis.
- Define, understand, and improve key growth funnels, viral flywheels, and metrics. You’ll own complex features and experiments end-to-end, including defining product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Manage and develop all-star product managers while executing 1-2 complex, advanced strategies.
- 5+ years of experience delivering highly successful and innovative software products.
- 2+ years of experience managing product managers. Additional engineering or technical experience a plus!
- Flawless product craft and technical acumen; expert in balancing user and business impact.
- Shipped creative and highly successful self-serve products in B2B or consumer tech; involved in end-to-end product process from conceptualizing, building, shipping and scaling products on web, desktop, or mobile clients.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, while building extensible and scalable solutions. You can turn ambiguous problems and big ideas into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research with minimal guidance.
- Deeply understand how your products work and how to measure short- and long-term success. You know every step of the user funnel. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests.
- Build a portfolio of experiments and multi-cycle strategy. You are as comfortable white boarding a completely new experience as you are optimizing an existing flow.
- Build consensus and listen well, but can also drive hard decisions. You push the pace. You take blame and pass the praise.
- Excels at communicating with team, partners, and executives with clarity, salience, and urgency. Proactively managing upwards.
- Background with Growth and web funnels
- Background in document workflows or other company productivity tools
- Strong data background, specifically marketing data
Dropbox takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation. We target most new hire offers between the minimum up to the middle of the range.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Current Salary/OTE Ranges (Subject to change):
• US Zone 1: $222,700 – $262,000 – $301,300.
• US Zone 2: $200,400 – $235,800 – $271,200.
• US Zone 3: $178,200 – $209,600 – $241,000.
Dropbox uses the zip code of an employee’s remote work location to determine which metropolitan pay range we use. Current US Zone locations are as follows:
• US Zone 1: San Francisco metro, New York City metro, or Seattle metro
• US Zone 2: Austin (TX) metro, Chicago metro, California (outside SF metro), Colorado, Connecticut (outside NYC metro), Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York (outside NYC metro), Oregon, Pennsylvania (outside NYC or DC metro), Washington (outside Seattle metro) and Washington DC metro
• US Zone 3: All other US locations
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
Mental Health and Wellness benefits Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).